Friday 30 September 2016

INFLUENCES WITH EARLY SKETCHES

Friday 30 September 2016
Norma Green is a character that came from two themes, 1950s America and B-movies, and so I've been looking at those two subjects to influence these sketches. These are early and so nothing is set in stone, so it would be nice to have some feedback.

Norma Green


Myself and Julien have already done some drawings of what we think Norma Green would look like. She is heavily based off Marilyn Monroe (hence the punny name) but with a sci-fi/alien look to her. I've personally imagined her to parody the legend of the Roswell aliens that crashed in New Mexico, so I draw her with that in mind. However myself and Julien haven't quite yet settled on her final design, but this is pretty much as far as we've got.

Possible Robot Supporting Character


We've also discussed a possible second character for the animation. It would give us more to work with in terms of choreography. So far we've thought of maybe having a robot character, as it fits in with the sci-fi theme and also would allow Norma Green to stay as a unique character; if there was a second alien character it may take the focus of the audience off from her. When sketching some robots I looked at machinery from the mid-twentieth century such as cars, vacuum cleaners and computers. I tried to create some unique robot designs, but I'm worried they may look a bit generic.

Space Craft/UFO


Another idea we've discussed is having a UFO for Norma Green to enter or exit with, however this idea isn't set in stone quite yet so it might be scrapped if we don't need it. Anyway the rough sketches I've done here are influenced from 1950s jewellery, diamonds, 1950s dresses and space landing crafts. I decided not to look too much at UFOs and concept drawings of alien space ships as that may make my designs look generic. I wanted to make something that's more glamorous.

2 comments:

  1. what an exciting update, Cat - lovely to see things swinging into action :D

    ReplyDelete

Tsygan Production © 2014